Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Our First Day in Kauai


We stayed in POIPU....

We left Omaha at 6am on Monday, March 9th and arrived in Kauai at 2:30pm! How did that happen...only 8 hours?? Well, there is a FIVE hour time difference between Omaha and Kauai, so we flew from Omaha to Phoenix Az, which took about 3 hours, had a 2 1/2 layover in Phoenix then an EIGHT hour flight to Kauai. Which meant we arrived at 2:30pm...perfect for a little sight seeing before meeting up with my sister Mindy and her husband Huston.

We picked up our 'ride' cuz that's how my hubby 'rolls'...an H3, which I found to be very small and confining, but the hubby loved!

Then we headed to the Sheraton Resort and Hotel which was post card perfect, with it's own beach (Po'ipu Beach) on the South Shore off Hoonani Road. We used the beach facilities, exercise room, bought gifts at the two gift shops, and LOVED the breakfast buffet..which we got free if we choose not to have our room cleaned...

At 4:30pm my sister Mindy and her husband Huston arrived from Utah, I was so excited to see them, I ran to the registration building to find them...guess what they were 'rollin in', a black Navigator...not the mini-van we agreed on...Mindy said she just couldn't do it, ride around Kauai in a minimormonmom van (not her words, a word I just made up, cute huh).NICE!

We checked out the area, our adjoining rooms, wore our purple Lia's, and unpacked...we were GIDDY! That night we ate dinner at Keoki's Paradise I loved the ambiance (and having my family as surroundings) plants everywhere, a large fish lagoon, waterfalls and thatched roof! Located in the Po'ipu Shopping Village in Po'ipu, just up the street from our resort this restaurant got an 'ONO' from our blue bible The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook which means it stands out from the others in some way. We had Fish and Chips...yummm, somehow fish in Hawaii just taste amazing!

After dinner we were ALL EXHAUSTED! We had visions of Phase 10 by the pool, walks on the beach in skirts ;) and sunsets, but none of that was as enticing as those Sheraton Resort beds!

We were out by 9pm...which was really 2am!

Next...our day boogie boarding and Tyler and Valerie arrive from Oklahoma...stay tuned

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I love it! I expect to see many more posts of this trip. Way to rub it in...with the awsome header pic and new blog page. Ha, Ha.

You are a sessy tan mama!

fabulous5fentons said...

It feels like I was there with you! I can't wait to see what we do tomorrow!