Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Maybe I'll Get You a Johny West Set for Christmas?


When I was a little girl, just a few short years ago, all I wanted for Christmas was my own horse! Ok, and maybe the Barbie house to go with my Johny West set.
But, having MY OWN horse would have been the ultimate.

In Houghton Michigan, where I lived, they didn't have horses...at all! It is way too cold in the Upper Peninsula. They measure snow by the foot; not,
"We are getting 3 to 4 inches of snow today."
They say,
"We are getting 3 to 4 feet of snow today."

Anyway...I would have loved to have my own horse as a kid.
My kid, Christina has her own horse, and until last year she had two horses.
Her Grandma Sue got her a horse for her 14th birthday. His name was Dallas.
Dallas passed away last year, he was Christina's barrel horse.

Now Chrisi rides Briggs. He is only good for a photo, pretty much. Briggs poses and Chrisi smiles. They make a great team!

Maybe this year I will get Chrisi a Johny West set for Christmas, since she has a horse and all...

5 comments:

Laurie said...

I think she has it all! Lucky girl. I love the pics. And really, what's more important than a horse that poses for the camera?

Laurie said...

Another thing...I'm freezing just thinking about Houghton Michigan.

Laurie said...

(I know, scattered brain)

One more thing...I love your header. Did you do it in adobe? Awesome.

Brezack Family said...

I did the header and Chrisi's photo's in Picnik! It is sooo easy to use, you have to try it. Call me I'll walk ya through it, but really it's very easy.

Garrison Propaganda said...

cute shots with christina and her horse.