Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy Birthday my Son Shine


My Trevor grows taller every day and his sweet heart grows as well.
Yesterday his Gramma Sue couldn't get her pictures from her camera to her computer and printed (or something like that) Trevor wrote on his hand...'go to Gramma's fix camera'. Thus saving Gramma from buying a new camera!

Trevor has always said the FUNNIEST things!

When he was about 10 yrs old, while riding home from school one day he said:
'Mom, XXXXXX said he has a six pack on his stomach. I lifted up my shirt and looked at my stomach and said 'Oh ya...I have a loaf of bread.'
A couple of weeks ago we got out of church early. I was speaking with a good friend of mine who was telling me what a great kid Trevor was and how proud I must be of such a fine young man. Trevor came up after my chit chat with his arm around my shoulder he said:
'Mom I feel it is a blessing to be let out of church early, and when you stay talking to others you take that blessing from me'.

Just last week Trevor asked his Gramma Sue if she was planning on seeing the movie Marley and Me. He was concerned about her watching a pet movie when she is the queen of all pet owners. Gramma Sue said that looked like a good show she would consider renting it when it came out on DVD. Trevor said: 'Ok Gramma, but you should know the movie is about Marley's whole life...do you understand what I'm saying Gramma?'
Thank you Trevor for being my son shine! You make me happy when skies are grey...you'll never know dear how much I love you...
Love Mom

2 comments:

Julie said...

Awww, that last one is the Trevor I remember! So cute! Why do they have to grow up???
Happy Birthday Trevor!

Laurie said...

Happy Birthday Trevor. My favorite thing... is in Sacrament Mtg watching you and Trevor snuggle up together. I love seeing his arm around you. What a blessing to have such a sweet relationship with you son. I hope my children still "love me up" when they are teenagers. Trevor is a great example on many fronts. I can see why he is your son shine!