Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I have a Testimony of....


My mother sent each of us an email that contained her testimony! I LOVED reading her thoughts and it gave me an idea...

I would share my testimony by this wonderful means of expression...blogging!

On Saturday and Sunday we listened to a 'Prophets Voice' and these are a few of my favorite things...

I loved Robert D. Hales talk on Saturday about Christian Courage.

I have a testimony of sharing the Gospel, how could I not, the Savior shared his testimony by his compassion and example. He defended his Christianity when confronted by money changers in the Temple, to Pilot, when betrayed by his friend, and while on the cross.
So I will share my testimony and hope to do so just as the Savior did...

I will say yes when I want to say no.
I will answer others as the Savior answers us, with concern, loving kindness.
Even when asked to be a WEBLOWS leader (after serving in Young Women's for SEVEN years, Weblows is testimony building experience above and beyond ;)
I will strive to defend Christianity by my example.

I also loved the quote President Monson used "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare" this quote was originally stated by the winner of the NYC marathon.
I will remember this in all I say and do...
I will prepare my testimony so that I may win!

I am so thankful to have this opportunity, twice a year, to hear the leaders of our Church give us inspiration on: Unity, Service, Prayer, Revelation, Speaking well of each other, Returning to Virtue (love Elain Dalton), Missionary Work, Change, (Pres. Monson...he should run for US President don't you think:) and Gratitude.

I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ and hope my testimony will strengthen others, and sustain me.

Thanks Mom


1 comment:

Laurie said...

You are an example to me. Thank you.