Thursday, October 30, 2008

TOFW Omaha Oct 2008



Time Out For Women should be called Ton's Of Fun Women!! We had so much fun this year (but no Mac Make-up, Urban Outfitters Shopping or Marriot Hotel's, this time) going to the Deseret Book Company A Joyful Life Women's Conference.
We did go out to dinner before the conference at THE CHEESE CAKE FACTORY another favorite of the girls. Of course we all start out thinking a huge healthy salad is what we are going to eat and then you see those sneaky waiters bringing out the table to the left's meal and you now want PASTA!
Ton's Of Fun! The next day we started out early with our Large Diet Dr. Peppers (some caffine for your physical uplifting, TOFW for your spiritual) then we settled into our back row seats, cute bags in hand.
Now I could go on and on about how supper funny Mary Ellen Edmunds is (learned she's never been married no kids, but a boyfriend...her cute 3 yr old nephew) how Elia Gourgouris is such a successful relationship couselor because all his 'wife' clients are totally enamoured with his accent and will do what ever he says (loved his talk the very most) or how Pam Hansen has inspired me to run a marathon! I could write forever about how much I loved all their 'words of wisdom' but what I learned and felt the most was THIS.
Kenneth Cope was the master of ceremonies...he was irritating and annoying at first. Made me feel like I was at the 700 club Sunday night TV taping, and then the music began and he opened his mouth in song and the tears began.
I wasn't going to buy anything (feel I should also support our little LDS Bookstore in Florence too) until I heard this song Him, And Him Alone. I was in mid disscussion with my bestie Gal and stopped as I heard Kenneth's lyrics...
'How could I think it's mine to merit
Or speak of my share in it.
This saving work He wrought alone
I've been a fool to believe I'd earn it
Or suppose I could deserve it
By words and deeds I'd call my own
From this day on
I know I'm saved by Him alone'
I felt the attonement in that song, in those words while sitting in the back row, cute bag in hand.
I jumped from my seat, and bought that CD All About You by Kenneth Cope!
Love It
PS Go to his website and you can listen to a sample of this and all the songs on his new CD All About You

3 comments:

Julie said...

How fun! I love seeing pictures of my friends on your blog! I haven't seen Nancy in ages! Tell her hi for me--and Tammy too. I have a friend moving to Omaha in Dec. (not LDS) and I was a little bit jealous. Then I walked outside and it was 78 degrees and sunny on Oct. 30th and I remembered why I don't miss Omaha. Just the people I miss! Lvoe you guys!

Garrison Propaganda said...

sounds like such a fun time. and a first for omaha! that had to have been nice, although traveling and staying in hotels can be part of the fun. mmmmm cheescake factory!

tammy said...

Yes we did have a Great time. But do you have to put up those scary looking pics. of us. Boy do I feel old when I see me on your blog. Didn't I ask you to ask me first before you put me on screen? You know how camera shy I'am. The talks were Great, just wondering when they are going to ask us to speak? The words of wisdom we could share with the world!