Friday, November 27, 2009

A Happy Halloween Night

Happy Halloween 31 October 2009
This was a reunion of sorts for our Halloween tradition! When Tyler lived in Omaha five years ago they would come over to our house for chili and cinnamon rolls. We would trick-or-treat at the neighbors across the street, it was always decked to the nines, with scary creatures roaming the corner and scary images strewn across the lawn. We would have to carry Sarah to the door and take quick photo's of her scared for the night!
One year we hooked up the trailer to the Sorensen's 4-wheeler and went for a 'hay-rack ride' through the neighborhood, stopping at each house and unloading our goblins!
This year was very tough for me, having NO kids at home and still wishing for a night filled with kids, candy and doorbells, I was feeling sad! So, Scott and I headed to Lincoln to my brother Tyler's house where Lindsay and her family showed up and Uncle Michael came with us to walk the streets begging for sugar! Grant started out running from door to door...but as the night wore on he ended up on his Daddy's shoulders. I helped Kaylee with her makeup! And so sweet that Sarah is still hangin with the kids, put on an adorable costume and gathered enough candy to last till Easter!
I'm thankful to have family around at this season in my life. I know my nest is empty but my wings are still full...my nieces and nephews mean so much to me. I'm so blessed to have the best two children in the world and love to have my extended family to 'fill in' when I'm needing a hug!

No comments: